Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weight Loss

I have been on my weight loss journey for about 8 months or so. I've realized things about my body that has helped me loose 1-2 pounds per week. First of all, I love to exercise, working out at the YMCA doing zumba, strength training, cardio, yoga, whatever-a-thons helped me loose over 30 pounds now. I haven't really changed my eating habits, but have been conscious of my foods. I work out 2 hours Monday - Thursday and try to eat before I head off to the gym. I started working out because I saw that my weight slowly went up every year. Mind you I was never a small woman, I was always a size 12 or above and was comfortable until I saw my body change over 15 years, gaining 1-2 pounds per year. My weight really shot up after my freshman year and didn't stop till November of 2010. I decided to make a change. OK, cons: remember when I told you I haven't changed my eating habits? Well, I tend to eat out instead of cook, so that's food I don't know the salt content, fat or sugars, which isn't good. I've noticed from cooking at home with olive oil and less salt, my weight came off easier. Also, I don't like to workout at home, so if I'm tired from work, I will rest and go to sleep and become complacent. These have been my battles. I also notice when I feel like the weight isn't coming off, I step on the scale and I see 2-4 pounds lost. Weird huh? My goal is 20-25 more.... stay tuned...
kattywoman.net

No comments:

Post a Comment